To cook Stir-fries, all you need are: 3 pieces of garlic cloves, medium onion sliced (some dishes you add chopped tomato) and cooking oil (olive oil is excellent and healthy choice).
Slice any vegetable, mix any sliced meat (chicken, pork, beef or ground meat, shrimp or fish). Normally used are long beans, bittermelon, upo (white squash), squash, okra, bataw (hyacinth bean), green beans, cabbage, eggplants; leafy vegetables like spinach or sweet potato young leaves added to sauteed boiled mung beans.
Sliced them to your liking, normally according to their shape, thickly or thinly or wedged.
You sauté garlic, sliced onion and tomato or two, add strips or thinly sliced meat, add vegetables, salt and pepper, a teaspoon of fish sauce. For more flavor you can add beef or chicken broth or shrimp/fish broth.
STIR FRY VEGETABLES WITH MEAT
Prep time: 30 minutes
● 3 cloves garlic, minced
● 1 medium onion, sliced
● 1 big tomato, chopped
● ¼ lb any meat, cut in small strips or
● Ground Pork, beef or shrimps
● 1/2 c broth or water
● 1 tsp sugar or half bouillon cube (optional)
● Pepper, salt or 2 tsp patis
● 3 tbsp olive oil
● Any vegetable like sitaw (long beans), bittermelon (seeded and pulp scraped), boiled mung beans and spinach, cabbage, snow peas, chayote, upo, patola (Chinese okra), etc. (Cut into strips, cubed or thinly sliced.)
1. Place meat in a frying pan with little water, simmer few minutes, then add oil and stir 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and onion, add tomatoes till mushy. Add vegetables.
3. Add water, shrimp or beef broth or cube to vegetables. When vegetables are almost done (10 minutes), add shrimp and cooked meat.
4. Add pepper, salt or 2 tsp patis, and stir a few times till done.
Follow instructions above re stir fry vegetable, sautéing with garlic and onion without tomatoes. No need to add broth at this point.
Add any of the following vegetables: mushroom, snow peas, sliced green beans, pepper, broccoli, cabbage, bok choy, carrots and any meat or seafood you have. Season with 1 tsp each patis and soy sauce. Set aside.
In another pot, bring to boil 2 cups chicken broth or 1 cube bouillon and about 3 cups water depending of the kind of noodles you bought , season with ½ tsp salt or 2 tsp each patis and soy sauce. Add bihon noodles until cook, stir in cooked vegetables and meat. Serve hot, with lemon wedges and patis for extra seasoning.
If doing Pansit Canton (big pkg), use 2 cups each broth and water. You can add ½ White King Fiesta canton noodles sauce mix packet to add flavor before it’s done.
Other option, take out cooked canton noodles. In a bowl, add ½ c water to 3 tsp of cornstarch and ½ Fiesta mix packet; mix until dissolve. Boil 1½ cup water in the same pot where you cook the noodles earlier, stir cornstarch and Fiesta mix, stir, when done add the noodles with the cooked meat and vegetables. Serve hot, with lemon wedges and patis for extra seasoning.