Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 40 minutes
- 6 cups water
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2” sliced ginger, crushed
Chicken pieces or any Meat 2 lbs
pork (with bones), beef ribs
- Green papaya, chayote, upo (cut bite size)
- any green leaf – pepper leaves or spinach
- pepper to taste
- salt or 2 tsp patis, to taste
- In a pot, put chicken pieces or any 2” cube meat pieces and onion, boil (skim) until tender.
- Add vegetables in above order, longer to cook first (chayote 5 minutes) to quick cook (leafy vegetables) last.
- Season to taste. (You can use a slow cooker for more developed flavour and tender meat – (Low for 7 1/2 hours or High for 3 hours; add leafy vegetables 30 minutes before done).