Serves: 4 – 6
Prep time: 50 minutes for meat,
30 minutes for seafood
- 6 cups water
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 stalks green onion,
- 1” sliced ginger, crushed
Meat 2 lbs/Seafood choices:
pork (with bones), beef ribs, oxtail, beef shank, chicken,
milkfish or any fish (cleaned & cut)
- potato, sweet potato, plantain, cut in 4 pcs
- A bunch of any: green beans, asparagus
- 1 carrot cut in 4 pcs
- ½ head cabbage cut in 4 pcs
- Greens – pechay, kale, or swiss chard
- 2 green onion or celery stalks, cut in 4 pcs
- 8 peppercorns
- pepper to taste
- salt or 2 tsp patis, to taste
- In a pot, put chicken pieces or any 2” cube meat pieces and boil (skim) until tender.
- Add vegetables in above order, longer to cook first (potato 10 minutes) to quick cook (leafy vegetables) last.
- Season to taste. (You can use a slow cooker for more developed flavour and tender meat – (Low for 7 1/2 hours or High for 3 hours; add leafy vegetables towards last 2 hours).