Prep time: 50 minutes for meat,
30 minutes for seafood
- 6 cups water
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
Meat 2 lbs/Seafood choices:
pork (with bone part), beef ribs, oxtail, chicken
milkfish (or any fish), shrimp, squid (cleaned & cut)
Souring flavor choices:
tamarind, guava, lemon juice (or Sinigang Mix* available at store.)
- 2 eddoes,
- A bunch of any: sitaw (long beans) or green beans
- 1 pack of frozen (or 10 fresh) whole okra
- 1 eggplant
- 1 radish (white long or round red)
- Greens – mustard, kangkong, spinach, or sweet potato young leaves
- 1 banana pepper
- pepper to taste
- salt or 2 tsp patis (fish sauce), to taste
- Cut the meat into 2” cubes or chicken piece. Boil in 6 cups of water (skim) until tender.
- Add vegetables in above order, the longer to cook first like beans, for 5 minutes, leafy vegetables last.
- Add Sinigang Mix or souring flavor. Season to taste. (You can use a slow cooker for more developed flavour and tender meat – Low for 7 1/2 hours or High for 3 hours; add leafy vegetables in the last 2 hours).